Would you like to work for one of the longest running Palestinian solidarity organisations in the UK dedicated to supporting Palestinian education, and contribute to a dynamic phase of renewal? Fobzu is looking to hire an energetic Communications and Administrative Officer to work part time for three days a week based in London.
Job title: Communications and Administrative Officer – part time, 3 days (24 hours) per week
Location: Central London
Salary: £26,000 – £28,000 (pro rata) per year
Timeline: Preferred start date – early-mid April; interviews w/b 16th March
Application deadline: 23rd February
About the Organisation: Fobzu (Friends of Birzeit University) is a UK registered charity founded in 1978 to support Palestinian higher education. Today we do this by providing scholarships for Palestinian students, creating opportunities for Palestinian scholars, furthering links between UK and Palestinian universities, and raising awareness about education under occupation and in exile.
Job Description: The new Communications and Administrative Officer will play a crucial part in building on Fobzu’s existing online and social media platforms to expand the organisation’s reach, as well as assisting with running and publicising events, fundraising appeals and producing educational materials. The role will also entail working closely with the Director to ensure the effective administration of a small charity and realising Fobzu’s overall strategic aims. This job offers an opportunity to develop a range of skills and contribute to the renewal and expansion of a long established and well-respected charity.
This post is for three days per week, with normal office hours and occasional evening events. This is a fixed term job for one year with the possibility of renewal.
- Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Proficiency in effective use of social media platforms
- Excellent administrative, organisational and research skills
- Ability to work on varied projects with creativity and flexibility
- Knowledge of Palestinian history and current social and political context
- Proficiency with standard software packages, e.g. MS Word, Excel
- Undergraduate level degree
- Right to work in the UK
- Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Written and spoken fluency in Arabic
- Proven track record of successful social media campaigns
- Knowledge and experience of the UK NGO/charitable sector
- Familiarity and experience with the Palestinian higher education sector
- Experience working on rights-based campaigns and awareness-raising initiatives
- Postgraduate qualification
Candidates should send a current CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight of Sunday 23rd February with “Communications and Administrative Officer” in the subject line. If you have any queries about this position, please write to email@example.com